BP Solar Closes Thin Film Operations [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 10:52:48 PST 2002

We have tried for  several years to justify thin film modules on many past
projects and they are just not competitive or "fit" for residential
applications due to much larger roof area required.  I am also not sure the
building integrated thin film modules save all that much "roofing cost" due
to the higher difficulty for sealing, thermal expansion problems, and
insulating issues.

The only area where I feel thin film may have a good chance to be
competitive is very large arrays in very hot climates mounted on a large
flat commercial roof or across acres of sand.  This is where they should
concentrate their marketing.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com