variable speed AC well pumps [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 21:16:54 PST 2002

The Grundfos SQFlex (not SQ, they're quite different) pumps made
specifically for solar application will also run on AC 120 or 240
(though the control box with "automatic return to solar operation relay"
is only 120v). They are also very efficient and I believe are showing a
very low failure rate. I may even try one as a septic pump for myself
(not recommended by Grundfos I'm sure).

Brad

matthew tritt wrote:
> David,
>
> That would explain part of the problem. The other part has something to
> do
> with an inverter running another inverter, or so I was told. But doesn't
> the
> variable drive of the Grundfos use something in that order?
>
> Matt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm