SWR2500U Some derating likely [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Thu Nov 21 12:45:32 PST 2002

Joel,

The only way to know the answer to that question is to have a detailed
computer model of the inverter and run a simulation.

Design judgment tells you to run inverters within their proper operating
range (which require a fair amount of knowledge about that operating range).

The CEC and LADWP rebate programs do not provide any incentive to be
conservative with your inverter--the modules are basically free so load up
the inverter with as many modules as possible.

It is a difficult problem since we don't paid for the number of inverters we
install and it is practically impossible to quantify the impact of improper
array sizing and configuration.

What about shading and putting modules of the same string in different
orientations? These are the two most egregious and common mistakes made with
current PV systems in California. How do you quantify bad location of array?
Pathfinder for shading; and don't put modules of same series string in
different orientations--EVER.

Bill.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com