Ground fault [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Nov 14 09:37:29 PST 2002

Virtually all of the SolarBoost controllers I've installed run too hot to
touch. I called the company and was informed that this is a normal
situation, and not to be alarmed, Easy for them to say!  His explanation is
that "what is perceived as too hot to touch, and what is actually too hot
for proper operation of the controller are two entirely different
things".Ha. I also install circuit breakers between the DC source and the
controller, and the batteries and controller - usually Heinemann.

I believe that the instructions that come with the controllers indicate that
breakers are required.

Matt