NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sat Oct 26 09:51:13 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Dan,

>If you have training certification from a "established school" for example
>Florida Solar Energy Center, and you have x# of installations , you can be
>grandfathered in. If this is not the case or has changed please tell me.

Yes and no. You will qualify to sit for the test, but you still have
to pass it. No one is grandfathered from taking the test- no one. I
like that part.

>  I  do have an issue , When neither the State nor the Utilities  allow for
>net metering or grid tie. A person would not be able to fulfill the
>obligations of this
>new organization.
>So would this mean, if you cannot grid tie/ net meter currently,
>that if a state finally passed a law where you could net meter/grid tie,
>that no one would be
>qualified for x# of years to be able to install?

No. This requirement has be changed. Permitted, inspected, offgrid
systems having an inverter qualify. DC only offgrid systems will not.
We don't think folks who install only solar gate openers and path
lights should have a certification.

>Where would these qualified people come from? Out of state.
>They (the union) could control the market for 4 years?

This is a HUGE concern for me as well. I do not intend to let ANYONE
control our market. Not the unions, not the manus, not even us.
Whether I can be effective in doing that is another story, but bet
the farm that I'll give it my best shot. And-if I fail, double the
bet on me opening my big mouth and spilling the beans in every venue
I can.
Bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection