NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches]

solarpro at aol.com solarpro at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 19:53:38 PDT 2002

Graham et.al.:

Would somebody please certify building inspectors?  Would some agency PLEASE
set national standards for PV inspectors?   I think municipalities and other
governing agencies are in the biggest scam of all, taking money for
"permission" to build and then sending some idiot to pretend that he(she) has
the homeowner's (client's) interest at heart.  The only reason fly-by-nite
flimflam high pressure sales outfits are successful is because they can get
away with sloppy installs.  Do something about educating inspectors and
institute training for installers, but please don't just create another layer
of bureaucracy for our trade thinking that it will somehow give the consumer
an edge.

But I do think looser than baby poop licensing laws are probably pandemic;
it's not just a California problem.  California was forced by Home Depot to
allow GC's to do specialty work.  Are there any Home D's in your
neighborhood?  Watch out, there's a Home Depot installation crew coming soon.

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO
www.amecosolar.com
(562) 595-9570