Kilowatt Hour Meter with interface [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 19 12:41:14 PDT 2002

one thing i've noticed about the outback inverters is
that they take up a lot of space for the amount of
power they can process.  4 fx2000's take up as much
space as 2 5548's and provide 3kw less.  this is a
disadvantage for medium to large residential systems.

other than that, i'm totally pleased with outback's
products and look forward to seeing more from them.

Jerry Caldwell
Light Energy Systems
Concord, CA

--- "Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services"
<toddcory at finestplanet.com> wrote:
> I believe this (kWh metering) will be incorporated
> into the Outback Mate. It
> already has an RS232 serial port connection for
> computer interface. I just got
> back from the Outback products training. This stuff
> is amazing and you will
> never use SW's again after you start with these.
> Their FX2000 inverter and MPPT
> controller will revolutionize the RE market similar
> to how the SW did when it
> came out 10 years ago.
>
> Todd
>

> matthew tritt wrote:
>
> > Nick,
> >
> > Unless things have drastically improved with the
> 5548s, your customer might
> > experience high starting amperage shut-downs
> (usually on Saturday evenings
> > or Sunday mornings) and call you to come fix it!
> > Most off-grid installers (like myself) use the
> 4048s, since they have a much
> > better motor starting/surge capability than the
> 55s. I've never encountered
> > a kWhr meter that can talk to a computer (except
> in the SunnyBoy of course).
> > If you find one, let us know!
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Matt