thermomax info [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Tue Oct 8 02:35:49 PDT 2002

Jay!

I have several installs using the Thermomax.

My observations
There is nothing that will compete in producing hot water in cloudy
conditions.

They are very easy to install as one guy can carry a 30 tube manifold up
to a roof top with ease and the tubes are very light.
You must be careful that you are always removing heat as overheating
shortens their life.

I've been told that Portland Community College and Home Power Central
have identical installations of a flat plate collector and a 20 tube
Thermomax mounted side by side.
I am looking forward to some precise data on how each performs in two
different geographic locations.
Would be a great Home Power article.

They are a bit spendy but if the customer wants to use them for central
heating in addition to domestic hot water I think they fit the bill.
There is now a Chinese substitute called Sunda that I am looking into.
Larger tubes but the same principal.

Larry Elliott

> Hi All.
>
> Have a customer whos interested in thermomax solar thermal collectors.
>
> I'm here in california.
>
> thanks,
>
> jay
>
> peltz power