[RE-wrenches]

Nick Houser offgrid at prcn.org
Mon Sep 16 15:11:24 PDT 2002

John----My guess is that you will see an increase in charge current after a
few cycles and the batteries are broken in properly.  I have been told by
battery manufacturers that the smooth surface of the positive plates in the
new cells limits the charge capability. AS the cells "break in", the surface
of the plates gets "etched" effectively increasing the affective surface
area and allowing a higher charge rate. If the inverter was a square wave
unit, you might suspect that the problem was the generator output wave form
limiting the charge capability, and loading the generator  might help, but
with the SW, I suspect the brand-new batteries are the culprits. My two
cents worth.  Nick Houser   Off Grid Power.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com