DC-GFP/2 protection [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 09:11:54 PDT 2002

Steve, Thank you for describing your well-designed system. Your experience is
similar to old-timer wind pioneers. The National Electrical Code is important
and necessary, but dogma requiring everyone to ground the DC negative weakens
the Code's credibility and inhibits "out of the box" thinking. I'll bet if
Benjamin Franklin were alive, he would be experimenting with PV and wind system
grounding instead of following someone else's rules. Franklin was an American
Revolutionary who wasn't afraid to take risks.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com