DC-GFP/2 protection [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Fri Aug 23 08:03:05 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Group,
Excellent thread, as grounding is the most misunderstood and
controversial of all electrical topics.
I do not ground the DC side on 12 or 24V systems. I always plonk in a
ground rod for lightning at the array (five at a wind tower) which I
DO NOT tie into the electrical grounding system. I also use lightning
arrestors on anything coming into the house or power shed. I've had
nearby strikes turn inverters off a few times, but so far, never a
fry and die.
Best, Bob-O

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm