ETA Pumps (RE Wrenches) [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Fri Aug 16 16:27:22 PDT 2002

I sincerely hope this winds up on the list. We have installed 3 ETAs this
year, with 2 more sitting in the shop waiting for install and 2 more
confirmed sales/ installs by the end of September. We primarily use these
for farm livestock watering purposes and one of the biggest concerns here
is not having enough sun and/ or water for dairy cattle. This is a huge
concern, especially during the very hot/ dry weather we've been having in
the northeast this year.

So....we started looking into the battery options, mostly as a backup. Yes,
I know, PV direct is much more efficient, but when animals lives are at
stake and if the customer wants water 24/7, then the loss has to be
accepted and dealt with accordingly.

Right now we've only installed the 48 volt pumps with the PV direct
controller...but the good folks at Dankoff have come up with a nifty way to
use the existing EP600 PV controller with a 48 volt battery bank and that's
the backup capability we and our farm customers have been looking for.

So....please....count me in on any ETA discussion if you would!

Oh yeah....just walked in the door from installing an ETA pump for a
serious doubting thomas farmer. Shoulda seen his eyes light up when the
water began to flow....2 gpm at 6:30 in the evening under partly cloudy
conditions...he says he's going to sleep REAL well tonight!

Thanks,
Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy CO.
Arkport, NY