Explorer Gas Fridges [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Mon Aug 12 18:17:40 PDT 2002

We had a customer buy an Explorer gas range, nice stainless steel unit.
Fortunately, it was direct from customer to Explorer. The unit did not work
correctly, after extensive time getting it hooked up. Was sent for natural
gas although ordered for Propane. Conversion in the field was NOT simple.
Finally they ended up shipping an entire new unit, but the customer was out
several hundred dollars of installation and service costs, all
non-reimbursed.

We also sold one small Explorer fridge, and as you say, the packaging was
"funky", as in the wrong model number and manual for what was in the box!

We are no longer selling anything from Explorer. Possibly the worst customer
service we've run into.

Jeff