OK4U - NEC question [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Aug 12 14:41:55 PDT 2002

Ken:

Yes, essentially you are right and you would require a disconnect and OC
protection.
You might be able to get away without the disconnect if you use
connectors.
The Code says connectors can be used as a disconnect if it is Listed for
the purpose.  At a few hundred Watts the MC connectors >>might<< work.
The OC protection can also be eliminated if the OK4U does not back feed
a shorted module.  This is also allowed by the Code.

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.