[RE-wrenches] Exeltech

Richard Perez, Home Power magazine richard.perez at homepower.com
Wed Jul 17 11:02:45 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Hello Wrenches

We've used a variety of Exeltech inverters here for over eight years
now--SI series, XP series and the big MX series. In terms of RFI, the
Exeltechs are good as any and better than some....

We extensively use all types and frequencies of radio here-- VHF
radiotelephone, HF and VHF ham radio, FM stereo, broadcast TV, cell
phone, and AM broadcast radio. We currently have two Exeltechs
running 24/7, a 12 VDC XP1100 and a 24 VDC MX. We experience no
detectable RFI from these inverters.

Whomever mentioned that filtration in the particular radio device is
the key factor is entirely right. John's mention of a filter on the
DC cables feeding the inverter is right on--most RFI made by pure
sine wave inverters originates on the DC input cables. Use a choke or
make a twisted pair of the cables feeding the inverter. And of
course, physical separation helps--located all antennas and radio
gear as far from the inverter as possible.

Hope this helps.

Richard Perez N7BCR

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com