PG&E with disconnect [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Fri Jul 12 16:42:04 PDT 2002

Jay,

Here is the language directly from PG&E's Rule 21:

"Visible Disconnect Required. The Producer shall furnish and install a
manual
disconnect device that has a visible break to isolate the Generating
Facility
from PG&E's Distribution System. The device must be accessible to PG&E
personnel and be capable of being locked in the open position. Generating
Facilities with Non-Islanding inverters totaling one (1) kVA or less are
exempt from this provision."

Nothing about 10' in here. That is a general rule of thumb that most
utilities use. However, as in your case, the logistics of it can make the
10' rule very difficult or downright silly.

Bill.