ST XR series, anyone tried on yet? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Jun 20 21:17:08 PDT 2002

Matt:

With the limited metering available, how do you know the XRs are more
stable and harvest energy better than the plain ST?  Why would you
recommend the XR over the Sunny Boy?

Thanks,

William Miller

At 08:47 AM 6/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>William / Wrenches:
>
>We have had 6 XR's installed (Alpha Unit December 2001; 5 more January
>2002).  MUCH BETTER!
>
>So far, they have been stable, much quieter and the harvested energy is
>substantially increased over the ST.  Not quite up to the Sunny-Boy's kWH
>output.  I have been on-site at two locations when outside air temp was in
>excess of 100 F, still running....  (This observation is limited, but very
>encouraging considering....)  I am still watching!
>
>Based on our observations, we placed an order for 30 2500's.  Will keep you
>posted.
>
>The combiner board is far more installer friendly and there are a couple
>less screws to lose when getting inside than with the ST.  The interior
>dead-front is far more substantial and breathes better.  The 2-speed fan
>operation seems to work fine....got one question last week about possible
>fluctuating fan-speed....I haven't seen it yet (maybe today) myself.

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
http://millerpowerandcomm.com
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
                                    H. L. Mencken

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com