DC-DC's for Deep Well Pumps[RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu May 16 10:37:57 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>

>If you want to try a DC-DC converter, I recommend the Wilmore brand. We
>have had great performance from these, and no problems. They are telecom
>quality so a bit on the pricey side. It might be hard to find a single
>DC-DC converter with the capacity needed to run a pump. The Wilmore's
>can be paralleled, but then you're looking at even more bucks.
>
>Brad

Hey Brad,

I'm curious as to what you're paying for these types of DC-DC
converters.  I've done a lot of work directly in the electronics design
realm, and I deal more often with the electronic distributors and
manufacturers that move these parts in volume.  I would submit that there's
a growing number of very reasonably priced DC-DC's that are quite beefy (up
to 100's of amps), with the caveat that you might need to build them into
your own enclosure.  If you're interested, and you can give me a better
idea on some of the specifications and what you're paying now, I might be
able to suggest some alternatives.

Regards,

John Raynes
Principal Engineer