Innovative Energy Desulfinator [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh.piggott at enterprise.net
Fri May 10 12:17:37 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
At 12:16 am -0400 10/5/02, sunwise at cheqnet.net wrote:

>strugle them through the rough parts, can such treatment damage
>cells.  I can see people dropping them a few inches or so as the
>sorta drag them through a rough area tor two.

I think a bit of agitation helps mix the electrolyte.  I have had
traction cells fail (after standing for a while waiting to be used)
and I have been unable to revive them with vigorous individual
overcharging.  When they go back to the suppliers however, they get
charged up and then hold the charge.  (This can be embarrassing.)  I
suspect that the important thing is not the re-charge as such but the
journey back to the suppliers, which mixes the electrolyte.  Now I am
doing vigorous re-charge with manual agitation and I think I am
winning.  I would prefer not to have bad cells in the first place,
but high antimony cells do seem to go into a bad condition just
through boredom.

--
Hugh

http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/