Innovative Energy Desulfinator [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed May 8 19:36:02 PDT 2002

I've installed a few.  Both systems are off grid and on are 12 L-16's @ 24
volts and less than 4 years old.  The customers didn't have amp hours meters
until I installed a Tri-Metric for them.  I shouldn't have as they still
will call me with questions about their system and I'll ask them "how many
amphours down is the battery bank?"  They can't answer as they don't use the
amphour meter.

Anyway, they had gotten really used to knowing exactly what voltage the
battery banks would be at given any sun and/or load condition.  (yes, I told
them that was a bad way to know how full your batteries were).  Both
customers "felt" that the batteries were showing signs of age.  They gave
examples of the voltage dropping off faster after sunset (assuring me the
loads were the same) and not coming back up any faster the next sunny day.
Both customers feel that they desulphators have made NO difference in the
trend.  Which, by the way, is a claim made by the IES unit.

I have used a "Battery Minder"  1 amp charger (120 vac powered) with
desulphator and I do believe that it works.  I've bought a few at my local
battery warehouse for under $50and and I see that NorthWest  Tools carries
them also.  www.vdcelectronics.com  I have brought several batteries back to
life that wouldn't stay above 12 volts over night after getting charged.
One battery, after being treated for several weeks, has stayed right @ 12.7
volts for a month or better now.  I'm a believer in desulphation but not
with the units that don't plug into an 120 volt outlet.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm