utility obfuscation and obstruction [RE-wrenches]

Don Loweburg, Offline i2p at aol.com
Tue May 7 16:19:51 PDT 2002

In a message dated 05/07/2002 9:43:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jberdner at sma-america.com writes:

> Makes perfect sense to me.
> They want it to be more expensive to install so less people will do it.

We all know that it is not about actually using the switch for safety. You
all are right, don't expect any servicemen to be out looking for disconnects
on that dark and rainy night when the system is down--they will be very busy
doing other things.

The switch is about control. I had a customer locked out once. During the
meter install the service man determined erroneously that the system had not
been permitted. At that point he took the inititive to lock the PV out. A
call the next day to his supervisor got it fixed. I can say this is the only
time I saw a utility person use the switch. It's about control.

Don

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com