Rooftop wiring [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Thu Apr 18 10:28:49 PDT 2002

This is not correct. Never put galvanized fixtures, screws or fasteners to
aluminum rails. The zinc in the galvanized fasteners will corrode to the
aluminum frame, and weld itself.  The only way to get it off is with a
torch. Only use 8-18 marine grade stainless steel fasteners with aluminum.
Gator Tom