rooftop wiring/grounding [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Fri Apr 12 19:45:39 PDT 2002

For wiring both between modules, as well as longer runs to a central
combiner box, we are working with the multi-contact cables, made for each
project for us by Kensington. To keep them in some sort of order, or at
least away from abraision, we had been simply tie-wrapping to supports,
etc., but I've not really been pleased with it.

We are now going to try out some plastic cable tray which we can fasten
directly to the horizontal rack supports. This will give us a nice place to
tuck all wires, let us get at them if we need to, and should proceed
faster. At any rate, it keeps the wires out of harms way.

At the end of the rack, we'll transition to a piece of flex (through a
multi-wire gland connector) unless the combiner box is within inches of the
end, in which case we would simply let the wires come out the end of the
tray.

The idea is to make the roof work fast and easy, and as fool proof as
possible. (I can be a pretty good test for that some days....)

We'll let you know how it works after we do a few.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 161
Strafford, Vermont 05072
800-374-4494 Toll Free