Lightning Revisited [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 17:32:59 PDT 2002

Joe,

What about employing the grounding of separate structures provision in NEC
250-32 (2002 code)? If there is a grounded conductor, then that conductor
should be grounded at the tower (or PV Array for PV) and at the service
entrance with no ground wire between them and no metalic conduit. All
ungrounded conductors must have surge protection (Phasor, Delta, voodoo).
The main issue is that you cannot touch the tower or module frames while
touch something connected to the house. The inverter, however, is working
with conductors that are all referenced to the same grounding system.

Bill.