Rooftop wiring [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 12:19:25 PDT 2002

Brad,

If this story is true, then we are going to have a very tough time getting
inspectors to accept the use of TC. Type TC must be supported properly, as
does any cable that is outside of conduit.

I routinely see the USE-2 cable that comes with these plug-in modules laying
on the roof in the wiring from module to module. This concerns me greatly
because their are few things more abrasive than asphalt shingle roofs. I
have not seen it laying all over the roof on the home runs, but I'm sure it
happens. I have seen flexible conduit laying all over the roof which is
equally bad and aweful looking.

Bill.