Solus 8 cuft chest type freezer (12volt) [RE-wrenches]

Steve Bell sebpv at stelle.net
Wed Mar 27 07:07:37 PST 2002

Hi Mark,

The gross interior volume of the 8 cu ft. unit is 8.08 cu. ft., the net
volume is 7.87 cu. ft.  For the 5.8 cu. ft. units the gross volume is 5.75
cu. ft. and the net is 5.61 cu. ft. If there are other questions about the
SunDanzer (previously called Solus) please feel free to contact me. SunWize
is the North American distributor for the SunDanzer.

As to the estimated power requirement, they are pretty accurate. Here is
technical comments that I usually share when asked about power usage.

Refrigerator and freezer performance and power requirements vary with
ambient (external) and internal temperature conditions and with appliance
usage. The standard used for rating performance and power consumption of
refrigerators is an average internal refrigerator temperature of 38F with no
food in the refrigerator and no openings of the door. The power requirement
is then tested at both an ambient temperature of 70 F and 90F. The freezer
is tested the same way except the average internal temperature is 10F.
In practical terms, the 90F load ratings for refrigerators approximately
equates to a "typical" real-life usage with an ambient temperature of about
75F. The more daily usage the refrigerator or freezer has, the greater it's
power requirement.

Sincerely,
Steve Bell
Technical Support