amorphous pv & high voltage arrays [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 17:21:51 PST 2002

Matt,

The reason I ask this is because I know of a company
here in California that is in the process of re-wiring
some of their high voltage amorphous arrays because of
the decline in voltage over the attenuation period.  I
understand that it is common practice to leave modules
out of strings and connect them after they attenuate.

The system I mention utilizes Trace Tech industrial
inverters.  Has anyone on the list done a Sunny Boy
system with any amorphous pv?  Is there anything to
watch out for that is different than crystalline
arrays?

Jerry Caldwell
L.E.S.

http://greetings.yahoo.com