Smoke alarms [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Feb 23 13:20:02 PST 2002

Wrenches,
Here's an interesting followup. I went looking for BK Electronics on the
web, to follow up on Bob's suggestion. I didn't find them, but found a site
for do-it-yourself home security, offering tech support to do-it-yourselfers
(and PV wrenches, I suspect). They have a page of smoke detectors, several
listed 12/24 V DC, and marked by "BK" in the item code. Check out
http://www.aesecurity.com/smoke.htm.

I have sent an inquiry to them about this, asking about meeting code with
DC-powered units. I will post what I learn.

Bob, are these units you use? Has anyone used this company?

Allan at Pos Energy