Another R.G. techie on list. [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Fri Feb 1 16:59:04 PST 2002

Wrench friends. A housekeeping matter...

We are being pursued by Doug Bath at Real Goods to become a Wrench List member. I told him no a couple of times, but he hasn't been willing to accept that from me, so I figure I should take the heat off me and just let you all decide. Right now, RG has one person on the list and Jade Mt. has another.

Many is the non-installing dealer that we have turned down for this list. I do let wrench-qualified tech support folks on the list, but I limit the number from each company.

So any of you that are pro wrenches on the list, please email me off list one of the following answers:
Doug Bath yes
Doug Bath no

And I will tally them up and let Doug Bath know how you voted. I have no problem with either way you might decide.

Doug Pratt, the RG employee on the list, tells me:
>  I realize you don't harbor any excess of love for Real Goods, or us poor
>retches who've sold our souls to the big J-man in order to work here. But
>please reconsider...I don't get the wrenches list at work, and can't even
>respond from work. I get it at home, partly because it's less distracting,
>but mostly because I don't WANT to represent Real Goods any more than I can
>help.
>
>  That said, Douglas certainly meets your criteria for the list. He's spent
>more of his recent life as an independent contractor, than as a company man,
>and has a wealth of hands-on experience to share. (And he doesn't have email
>at home.)

Douglas Bath tells me:
>I am a professional installer, having deployed energy systems all over
>northern California, Alaska, Texas and central America. I have had numerous
>articles printed about these systems in the Real Goods publications, Mother
>Earth News, and Solar Today. I am currently installing 10 solar thermal
>systems for a local Indian Reservation. I am a founding instructor for the
>Solar Living Institute. I managed the Real Goods Technical Staff for four
>years. There is no need to make an exception for me. I am a wrench with
>extensive experience. Please extend me the courtesy of allowing my voice be
>heard by my brothers and sisters.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Might does not make right but it sure makes what is."
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com