Is PV Hazardous Waste? [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Tue Jan 29 22:41:45 PST 2002

Hi Bill,

I would say that the panels that use CADTEL, do have a very small problem with
the CADMIUM part.

As far as I know, the basis of a standard solar panel is clean, processesing is
getting better too.

The basic notion is all wrong and I've seen this faulty info before.
1. takes more power to make then the every produce:   wrong, 3-5 yrs depending
on where you live.
2. way polluting:: Hum last time I checked there wasn't anything better except
wind power

3. The unisolar panels are made with plastic,which I don't know if they are
recycleable, but the glass.al panels sure are.

It takes all kinds no??

jay

peltz power

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com