Code issues [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Mon Jan 28 18:00:40 PST 2002

Dear Wrenches,

In NZ we are travelling on the road to regulation. I am well aware that many of
the code compliance requirements in the US are considered by many to be
draconian.

Can you assist with the issues to avoid.

What aspects of the code impede the industry, yet are not really addressing
safety issues ?

Is a lockable disconnect really needed?
Should we be able to choose cables with a lower spec.?
Do the earthing requirements make sense?
Is GFI really needed?

I realise that there may be diverse opinions about some of these issues but I
think there will be wide spread agreement on some ?

John V and I are on the board of the NZPVA and have an opportunity to steer code
and regulation issues in a sensible direction.

Many Thanks,

Carl Emerson
Manager
FREEPOWER LTD.  "Harnessing Natural Energy"
P.O. Box 10-1207 N.S.M.C. Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Ph. 09 4275206 fax 09 4275208  cell 021-633999  web www.freepower.co.nz

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm