Fw: L-16s Like Higher Voltages [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Jan 18 08:01:15 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Drake Chamberlin - Snip
Bulk charge the  batteries in the morning with the generator, at least once
a week.  Let the
> batteries get the finish charge from the array during the day.

Right on Drake,

I always tell folks to run the generator during the morning/sunny part of
the day, unless they are in the midst of a cloudy period.  The natrual
tendency is to run the gen-set when the PV's are not producing, but often it
is only with both inputs that good, and even EQ, currents can be realized.

Thanks to Allan for bouncing the charging voltage dialog off Sandia.  Does
anyone know of they have evaluated the (positive?) effects of "pulse" type
battery conditioners??  I recently added one to three systems, but can't
really do a propper study regarding results.

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com