Changing your address & other reasons to log on to Topica [RE-wrenches]

michael_welch at sbcglobal.net michael_welch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 16 12:56:44 PST 2002

Hi gang. I wanted to send this to the list again since I have had several recent questions about it.

- - - - - - - -

Do you have some reason to change the email address you use for the Wrenches list?

Are you going on vacation and want to suspend the receipt of Wrenches mail for awhile?

Do you want to switch delivery methods and receive only the digests of messages?

These are a few of several reasons why you might want to log on to the Topica web site. To do that, just go to www.topica.com and log in with the email address you use for the Wrenches list, and BE SURE to remember your passwords, just as you remember the kazillion other passwords you have amassed in this computer age.

Once you are logged on, You will see that for each Topica list you are subscribed to, you can choose a delivery method:
1. Messages  (this is the normal delivery method)
2. Digests (this will give you a single, daily message when there are posts--sometimes this feature does not work well, other list owners are often complaining that digests don't show up when they should)
3. Web Only - No Email (this is what you do to suspend receipt of Wrench posts while gone, and then change it back when you get back from your trip)

Here's what Todd wrote me when he experienced changing his email address via the Topica web site:

I went to the Topica web page and logged in. On the left side of the logged in screen is "Preferences" and under that "Email Addresses". I clicked on "Email Addresses" and when that page opened, "new address". Then I filled in the blank provided with my new address.

A confirmation e-mail went out to me and after I replied, I was able to go back to the standard Topica logged in screen and to the "RE-wrenches" hypertext and in there is an option for "Deliver To:". The pull down menu now lists all the confirmed e-mail address for me and allowed me to change the outbound list mail to my new address.

A bit cumbersome, but easier than making Michael do it.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Recorded history is largely an account of the crimes and disasters committed by banal little men at the levers of imperial machines."
                        Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com