Sunny Boy control RS485 [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Sat Nov 30 17:09:47 PST 2002

Wrenches...

Has anyone used the SB2500/SBC and the RS 485 connection for PC use?
Does anyone have any feedback on it? What is the proper connection into
the knockout at the bottom of the inverter to make it look clean and
professional?
Has anyone tried to use the Net connection feature at the bottom of the
new SBC?

It seems to me this is one of the great new ideas for implementing the
"early adopter" customer for the future of the PV industry.  I am trying
to be the 1st in Hawaii to have their PV system setup with a live web
cam positioned on the roof "admiring," the PV panels and the sky, viewed
at an angle to depict the latest weather activity.  I personally feel
collecting real time data will be instrumental for future solidification
that PV works!  It has so many wide implications from an education piece
for our school children, to showing our neighbors what is possible with
a little imagination. My solar hat is off to SMA for being so forward
thinking in the plethora of options for system monitoring.  I hope I can
weave these features in to many systems that we intend to install in the
future. I hope to be able to have these clients "online", and at any
time be able to check their system for performance or if there is
trouble and be able to call them to see if something has changed at
their homes or if they need a technician to give the system an
inspection.

Thank you for your input..all puns intended.!!!!!!!

Keith Cronin
Island Energy Solutions
318 A Kuulei Road
Kailua, Hawaii 96734