"cheap and fairly easy to install" (was ground fault) [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 16 07:46:29 PST 2002

I like what Chris says about ground fault protection. I also want PV
systems that are "cheap and fairly easy to install." Make PV systems
better and faster to install and cheaper. Ask yourself, "What can I do
to lower PV system costs?" Then do it like your livelihood depends on it
because the CEC is asking why PV system prices have not come down since
the rebate program started in 1998. You can list the reasons, but
reasons sound like excuses to politicians who control rebate program
budgets and to customers. Set a goal to reduce your installed price by
20% by December 2003 AND to increase your net profit. Then apply
pressure to your suppliers or buy from someone else. Tell PV module
manufacturers to add value AND lower prices so that you can give your
customers better, faster to install and cheaper PV systems.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com