Onan 3.6kw 120vac generator. [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Mon Sep 16 11:18:34 PDT 2002

  I just installed an SW4024 system with 8 L16 batteries and an Onan 3.6kw
generator.  It will only produce 10-12 amps AC input charging the new
batteries.  Anyone know what might be wrong other than the generator has a
weak output (I have seen that before with some cheap junk generators)  Power
in is 122VAC and 60 Hz.  It just won't load even at  30 amp AC input and
battery charging settings on the Trace.  I thought about switching the
transfer switch and getting some loads on in the house to test the generator
directly but we can't come close to 12 amps AC with everything in the house
turned on.  I guess I better start carrying portable electric heaters in my
tool bag for testing purposes!.  Any ideas?

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar and WInd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com