Point is........ [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel slrwrk at ocinet.net
Fri Jul 12 18:46:10 PDT 2002

Bill,

The point is basic addition and education:

A dusty array plus an diffusing or shielding atmospheric condition will
either aggravate or enhance an array's output.
A clean panel with high altitude and a reflective snow field have burned out
many a "correctly " sized solar charge controller due to enhanced isolation.
I can't count the number of times I have explained this two very points to a
client and have the next bright day with a clean array verify my
explanation. Or installing a larger controller and, it works now!, and
doesn't burn up controllers any more.

Education for the public and/or client base make the difference. It is slow
and usually does not pay like installing, but it wins believers and creates
responsible people, responsible clients. Responsible educated clients are
great to work with!!!!! They do a fine job of dispelling myths.

"Responsible Technologies For Responsible People."
Dana Orzel  -   slrwrk at ocinet.net
Great Solar Works, Inc.    -   Ridgway, CO
970.626.5253    -    solarwork.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm