LA Wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane, Energy Conservation Services tom at ecs-solar.com
Thu Jun 27 07:21:09 PDT 2002

Have any of you guys written letters to the L.A. Times or guest editorials about your situation? Several letters around the state and solicited help from reporters embarrassed our largest utilities into net metering in Florida. Reporters love a good story. Help them with the story so that they know the glass side goes up. Editors often love guest columns on controversy.

Have your friends and family bombard the 'letter to the editor' page. Get someone to wear a clown suit and picket in front of their union hall and call your local television station. I suggest 'STOP SOLAR ENERGY ELECTRICIANS FOR TOXIC POWER' on the sign. Be creative: Get a Buddhist monk or an actor...dress like one and sit in front of a solar concentrator of IBEW to roast him at high noon. Call the television station....It's all theater. Get weird, think weird, and control the stage.

How about it. Joel, get your actor friend to help with political theater. Power to the people. Remember Abbie Hoffman and Mel Smith.

-Gator Tom

PS: No one remembers Mel Smith - cause he stayed home and whined and did nothing.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com