SPAM: Re: [RE Marketing] PV only contractors? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Jun 6 06:07:43 PDT 2002

Interesting question, one I've often asked my self.

I'm replying to both groups.  I'm not full time solar PV although I sure got
into it with the goal of full time.  Currently my commercial and industrial
lighting services are at least 70% of my annual business and growing.  My
best estimate for my business' foreseeable future is less and less solar,
partly because the lighting services are doing so good but mainly because it
appears to be impossible to make a living doing solar in my area.

As far as I know there are NO full time contractors doing PV only in the
four states of MO, AR, KS and OK.  Of course, I'm defining contractors as
someone who
has some form of license and insurance and really is in business.  I
occasionally hear of folks with no business name who are dabbling with it.
If your guess is less than 100 in
California I'd would say the rest of the country might only add up to
another 200.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services