here we go again w/PG&E[RE-wrenches]

jeff.oldham at realgoods.com jeff.oldham at realgoods.com
Wed May 15 11:15:37 PDT 2002

The Expanded E-net program is to address the recent opening up of the
net-metering from 10 kW to 1 MW. This will be the case until expiration on
12.31.02.

I see this same language in the State net-metering law. The
customer/generator is responsible for having a simple bi-directional meter.
It is assumed that most residential and many commercial meters already have
this capability. However, recent Wrenches strings indicated that indeed many
meters may not "register" bi-directionally even though the dial spins either
way.

Frank, my experience has been the same as yours - PG&E inspector looks over
system, checks out disco, does a shutdown and inverter re-boot and often
replaces the meter and leaves, end of story. I've never had a customer
receive a bill for this.

I guess that we should be prepared to have to buy a meter if PG&E starts to
require it...

-jeff