PV Combiner Boxes [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Apr 30 11:06:03 PDT 2002

Just a response to an incorrect statement - the "Connect Energy/Pulse"
PCB-10 combiner would be $218 ($199 + $12 for the fuses + spare fuses?)
when compared to the $259 retail for the OutBack PSPV combiner.

Often there is not a need for 10 inputs,  so the OutBack combiner is
cheaper when fewer inputs are required as you would buy fewer breakers.
The OutBack PSPV can also be configured as a dual output PV combiner for
two groups of six subarrays in one enclosure - which is a lot cheaper
than buying two combiners.

> Unsure about the reference to the outback box being cheaper,
> Outback retails at $259 where retail price for a PCB10 is only $199.

Also,  the Bussman touch safe 600 VDC fuseholders (CHM-1) are cheapest
if you get them your local Grainger store - We can't match their price
on them...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com