PV in India [RE-wrenches]

joeldavidson at earthlink.net joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 8 02:50:08 PDT 2002

For the past week I have been traveling in India visiting PV companies and traveling the urban areas and rural countryside. I've seen off-grid PV powered phones, solar irrigation, urban PVUPS and even a privately owned 25 kW intertie system for grid voltage support. We get inquiries from India and wonder why they never buy from us. The reason is India has its own PV industry and local manufacturers have the hometown advantage. I'll tell you more about the reason for my trip in a few weeks, but for now if you have any questions about PV in India, contact me off list. FYI - I have always said that the people who need PV the most are the ones who can least afford it. Now I am more than ever convinced that this is true. The PV experts in industrialized nations should share their knowledge with the rest of the world. Those of you who have done PV in developing countries know what I mean.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson

http://mail2web.com/ .

- - - -