Vanner RE series [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Wed Mar 20 07:35:46 PST 2002

To all wrenches
.
Currently I have an RE4500 48v running with batteries as a beta unit.
I really like this unit and it appears to be a fairly efficient
unit.(better than my ST's I think)
Unfortuately it refuses to stay on line. In 5 weeks of running it has
shut down and reset itself at least 8 times with no error codes.It
supplies a priority load sub panel running business computers so guess
what feed back I get from the customer. Also when it shuts down it makes
a loud bang described by the factory as a Brick Fault.
Scares hell out of the customer.It is configured as a line tie with 2400
watts PV and RV Boost's with 350 amp hours backup.
We are expecting an onsite visit by their engineers to troubleshoot.
If they cannot fix it, it will be pulled,sent back and SORRY VANNER NO
MORE SALES.
I also have an RE4500 24v  configured the same way that has problems
(similar) but a new one is on the way and I do hope it solves the
problems.
I would like to sell these inverters but only if they are trouble free.
I will give Vanner a chance to clear this up but if they don't I could
never recommend one again.

P.S. They are without a doubt the least noisy inverter I have ever
installed.
Larry Elliott

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com