Air-X & noise levels [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Mar 5 15:02:31 PST 2002

While we're talking about it I would like to see much more detailed national
wind maps.  Something much better then these generic Class zones that
sometimes cover 50% of any given state.  On several occasions I have wanted
to estimate actual monthly output not just annual output divided by twelve
for average monthly output.

One that note..

Does anyone have any details about the NREL's (or DOE's or whoever's)
anemometer loan program?  I have heard there was program out there where one
of the above mentioned parties would loan a 10m tower and data logging
equipment to any state agency who would provide the land, install and
maintain it.  Does that ring any bells?  I would really like some more info
so I could set one up at the 10kW Excel-S were soon installing.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services
----------
>From: David Blittersdorf <davidb at nrgsystems.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Air-X & noise levels [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Tue, Mar 5, 2002, 4:33 PM
>

>Ian and Chris,
>
>Swept area is the best rough comparison and capacity factor is also useful.
>I still would
>like to see a common rated windspeed that is around 11 m/s (24.6 mph) with the
>capacity factor calculated with the 11 m/s rated power point.
>
>The other problem is that many supplied power curves are not very accurate and are
>very optimistic.
>
>David Blittersdorf

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com