GridTek 10 inverters [RE-wrenches]

William Bryce wlbryce at direcpc.com
Mon Feb 18 15:21:30 PST 2002

I use the HoBo logger with a split core AC current sensor.   As David
has stated the inverter likes to shutdown without reason sometimes.  The
HoBo allows me to troubleshoot the problem over several days.  For an
example, I had one install were the turbine and inverter was located at
the barn 800' away from the home and power service.  When the turbine
started making over 9 KW it would shutdown.  I installed a HoBo at each
end of the  4/0 au line. Found that when the current got to high at the
inverter end,  it would shutdown.  We figured that the line was damaged
underground (rock damaged the insulation and the au wire oxidized over
the years?) and that caused higher resistance and the voltage would rise
on that leg.  It did not rise at the House / service end of the line.
We replaced the 4/0 feed cable and that solved the problem.  The HoBo is
cheap and easy to use.

When it comes to the GridTek 10 inverter, your best bet is to bypass
Bergey and contact  direct to Trace, My contact is the lead at the
Gridtek 10  technical Dept  and is a great guy to deal with. Because
this list is public, I won't post his name and number but I would be
happy to give it to any installer. Feel free to contact me off list if
you need it.

David

As for your problem, it is common.  I probably have a Fix for you if you
will contact me off list.  wlbryce at direcpc.com.  The GridTek is
undergoing a redesign as I type, and will be out this summer.

Logan

Pine Ridge Products
www.pineridgeproducts.com
Certified Bergey windpower Dealer/Installer

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com