Cell Phone Repeater [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Jan 24 09:49:29 PST 2002

Hello All,

I'm sizing a system for a cell phone repeater for a quarry company and will
be doing the installation.  I'm told by the customer to assume a 10 watt
load and to that it runs 24 hours/day.  Also, the repeater is designed to
run off 24-60 volts DC.  Seems like a pretty easy thing to set up but I
"ain't never done one" and this list is perfect place to get others
experience.

Right now I've sized it with two 120 watt panels (even though 75's would
probably be plenty) and 4 of the big Concordes gets me to system that ought
to go weeks without seeing the sun.  Around here I see winters with 3
average daily sun hours and 14+ day periods with only a few days of mixed
sun.

Thanks
Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services