Outback info and query [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Jan 21 17:48:22 PST 2002

Wrenches,
We just completed our first system preassembly using Outback equipment with
a 4024. Very nice stuff.

Here's a heads-up to save trouble: the powder coating is a glossy dark
green. It's very prone to scratches and tarnishing, and the scratches won't
buff out easily.

I spoke with Robin Gudgel at Outback about this today. He agreed that the
finish is susceptible, being both dark and glossy. He will talk with their
powder coater, in hopes of finding a less scratch-prone finish, but he
wasn't real optimistic for an easy solution. He will also send replacement
pieces to replace scratched ones if requested.

He encouraged me to send this warning to all of you. He also asked for
feedback on a related question: what color would you like to see on their
soon-to-be-released inverter and charge controller?

Allan @ Positivenergee

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm