Fw: L-16s Like Higher Voltages [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Fri Jan 18 16:32:42 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
This information seems to indicate that a little different charging
strategy might improve battery life.  The standard approach, with many
people, is to let batteries get as much charge as possible during the day,
and then to fire up the generator and bulk charge in the evening, when the
batteries drop to low levels.

First of all we can set the charge control higher.  Bulk charge the
batteries in the morning with the generator, at least once a week.  Let the
batteries get the finish charge from the array during the day.  This is
often practical, as the loads are often low during the day when people are
at work and the sun is shining on the modules.

This would maintain efficiency by using the generator to bulk charge, and
allowing the modules to finish charge.

Drake

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com