Ballasted panel mounting [RE-wrenches]

Bob Galbreath bg4gls at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 2 14:51:11 PST 2002

I've got a client whom we have done some remote site work for who is now
interested in an installation using some of our equipment for his
business and home. He has done some research and is very interested in
avoiding roof penetrations. He has suggested using ballast pans for the
PV panel mounting and is particularly interested a Dutch product called
Console.

Both these installations would be on flat roofs in southern CA.  One
roof is composition material, the other is membrane. Both roofs have
parapet walls which might allow some lateral bracing.

Anybody have experience with these systems?

Is this going to fly with So Cal's seismic codes?

Bob Galbreath
Geo-Lite Systems
www.geolitesystems.com

- - - -