sw5548 in sell back mode [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Fri Nov 16 18:11:50 PST 2001

Kirk:

While I have not yet had a chance to verify this, I am fairly certain I was
able to balance the sell amps on dual SW inverters by tweaking the float
volts setting.  They are adjustable by 0.2 volt increments.  Try this and
let us all know if my memory is correct.  Also, someone mentioned when this
last came up that it may be possible to inadvertently consume power by one
inverter charging batteries.  See if you can check this.

William

At 08:27 AM 11/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I have a dual SW5548 power panel programmed for sell back. Both inverters
>are programmed identically -
>bulk & float set to 52.0 volts, absorption time 0 hours, max sell amps 30,
>max charge current 30.0 amp.
>
>The system includes a 5 kw array. I assummed that both inverters would sell
>power back equally, but I am witnessing an imbalance.
>During a partially sunny day, with the batteries at the sell voltage,
>Inverter #1 was showing a positive 1 - 3 amps on AC input, while inverter #2
>was showing -13 amps being sold back. In addition, when the PV is turned off
>and the batteries are floating at 52.0 volts, inverter #1 is reading +5 amps
>on AC input, inverter #2  reading -4 amps. I'd think that charge rate at
>float would be balanced also, but no. The inverters' outputs are not
>connected to any  AC loads during these observations. Any ideas?
>
>thanks,
>
>Kirk
>

>Vermont Solar Engineering - a Trace Certified Dealer
>Kirk Herander
>PO Box 697
>Burlington, VT. 05402
>www.vermontsolar.com
>800.286.1252 - 802.863.1202
>fax 802.863.7908
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com